Friday, June 10, 2011

Say Goodbye to Chi-Town

As I sit on the floor in my Chicago apartment, with my boxes all around me, I start to think about all the memories I have in this very same position in our living room. Like my first night in this apartment when I didn't have my bed yet, so I slept on the floor here or all the times I played solitaire or chatted with friends, either on gmail or on facebook....I have lots of memories of this very spot. I will miss Chicago greatly, but it's hard to be sad. I'm excited for the next chapter of life, my very own book that I am writing.
For this next chapter, I have found a very special person for whom I will get to share every moment, like my first memories in my next apartment, in hopes that I find a very special spot, just as I have found here.
Tomorrow morning my adventure begins; my couches will be taken away bright and early followed by Josh's arrival to load up all of my "stuff". The next part of the day will be the hardest part, stopping in Pontiac to say goodbye to my mom and dad. I have some pretty amazing parents and am extremely fortunate for their love and support throughout my whole life, but especially through this time and this move. I found a song that is absolutely perfect for my mom, it's Carrie Underwood's Mama's Song because it says, "mama you taught me to do the right things, so now you have to let your baby fly, you've given me everything I will need, to take me through this crazy thing called life....he is good, so good, he treats your little girl the way a real man should, he is good, so good." Hugs and kisses will be exchanged along with I'm sure a few tears, but then Josh and I will be on the road to begin our twelve hour drive, but also our new life together.

Goodbye Chicago! I will miss you!

1 comment:

  1. :( I will miss you sitting in your spot and watching SVU with me!

    ReplyDelete